Fostering in Blaenau Gwent
Foster care in Blaenau Gwent
Are you thinking of fostering a child or a young person in Blaenau Gwent?
Do you live in the Blaenau Gwent area and are thinking about fostering local children, or maybe you are interested in learning more about becoming a foster carer? You have certainly come to the right place. Right now, Family Fostering Partners are looking for foster carers in Blaenau Gwent and the surrounding areas. Family Fostering Partners has an experienced team of experts in fostering who are committed to helping our foster parents care for the future by providing safe and stable homes for children and young people. There are many different types of foster carers, and there will be one that suits you.
- Short-term foster care, providing a safe and loving family until a child’s future-plan is decided
- Long term foster care, providing a stable family home until children are old enough to live independently
- Fostering Siblings, keeping families together and allowing children to live with their brothers and sisters.
- Parent and Child fostering, supporting parents to develop the skills they need to successfully care for their babies.
- Emergency care, helping children at times of crisis.
- Respite Care.
What do we provide?
- 24-hour support, advice and guidance.
- Specialist training, allowing you to grow and develop as professional parents.
- The opportunity to specialise in an area of fostering where you can excel.
- A friendly and very experienced staff team who know how to support and value foster parents.
- A local service where support, training and social events are delivered on your doorstep.
- An opportunity to make new friends and meet other foster carers in the Blaenau Gwent area.
- An agency where foster carers and children matter.
Family Fostering Partners is driven by a desire to provide first class foster care for the future and to improve the lives of children who are looked after.
We are a Tier 1 agency in Wales which means that we know what it takes to provide a high-quality service where our foster parents are valued and respected. After all, it makes sense that to offer the best care for vulnerable children, foster carers also need to be looked after
This is a question that many people ask, and you may be surprised to learn that to become a foster carer there are only a few basic requirements, one of which is to have a spare bedroom. Your age, income or marital status is not important and to be considered as a foster carer in Blaenau Gwent, you can be single, cohabiting or married, and be a homeowner or tenant. What is most important is your ability to care for and nurture a child who has experienced emotional hurt.
By joining Family Fostering Partners you will receive all the professional guidance and training you need, from your local, friendly and supportive staff. We treat each of our carers as individuals and it is our job to bring out the best in you by teaching and supporting you in your fostering career.
When you work with Family Fostering Partners you will be rewarded for your skill, your time and your effort with a generous reward and allowance package, which includes a retainer payment for our Parent and Child carers. Foster carers are self-employed which means will pay very little tax or National Insurance and will keep more of the money you earn. Most importantly of all, you will be rewarded by being directly involved in improving the lives of the children or young people. There can be few other roles where you have a real chance to shape and care for the future. Foster parents are ordinary people who can make an extraordinary contribution to the lives of local children in Blaenau Gwent. You could be one of them.
Are you ready to Foster?
So, now that you know more about fostering and are thinking about becoming a foster carer, what have you got to lose by taking the next step? Just call us today to see whether you could have a future in fostering. We are on line, or on the other end of a phone to can give you friendly advice whenever you need it. Family Fostering Partners love getting out and about to meet local people who might be thinking of becoming foster carers and visiting our Facebook page will keep you up to date with any events we have planned. If you would like us to attend an event you may be holding in Blaenau Gwent, we are always ready to help. Just drop us a line and we will do our best to spread the word about fostering and recruit more foster families for vulnerable children.
If you think you are ready to take the next step to help with any of our fostering services, simply fill in the form below and one of the team will be in touch as soon as they can.
Why wait any longer?
Enquire today about Fostering in Blaenau Gwent
We are always happy to chat to people who are thinking of fostering. We understand that it is a big decision to take, which is why we listen and advise and never pressurise anyone.
Please complete the form below and a member of our local team will be in touch shortly. To help us with your enquiry, please supply as much information as you can.
Looking for things to do with the children in your care?
Here is a list of some great things to do with children in and around Blaenau Gwent.
- The Big Pit National Coal Museum is not far from Blaenau Gwent, it's a brilliant opportunity to teach children about the history of coal mining in Wales. There are loads of events and exhibits being organised throughout the year by the National Museums of Wales therefore it's worth checking out their website for all the latest information (https://museum.wales/bigpit/)
- The Festival Park Owl Sanctuary, is a great place to help children learn about the wild birds that live in Wales. First established in 1992, the sanctuary helps to rehabilitate and care for injured, abandoned & uncared for wild owls, hawks and falcons. More information can be found on their website (https://www.theowlsanctuary.co.uk)
- The Blaenavon Iron Works is a Cadw owned museum which was recently home to the BBC's Coal House series. By using state of the art audio storytelling the Iron Works is a brilliant educational and exciting day out for children and adults. Information on how to get there can be found on Cadw's website. https://cadw.gov.wales/daysout/blaenavonironworks/?lang=en
- Parc Bryn Bach: If you have a child who loves to be outdoors then Parc Bryn Bach is the prefect place to expend energy. Set in 340 acres of idyllic grass and woodland with a stunning 36 acre lake at its heart, Parc Bryn Bach is the perfect setting for a range of adventure activities for visitors of all ages and abilities. Details on how to get there can be found on their website (https://parcbrynbach.co.uk)
If you have any more recommendations of things to do with children in and around Blaenau Gwent then drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).